Transfer to Secondary Schools
Children transfer to secondary school at the end of Year 6 when they are 11.
We recommend parents make more than one choice as there is no guarantee of admission to your first choice of school.
Admissions criteria do vary: siblings, proximity to the school, selection tests and Catholicity, in the case of Catholic schools, tend to be the most significant factors in the allocation of places.
You may appeal against any decision to refuse your child admission to a secondary school.
Information about secondary schools is provided in the Autumn term, when parents are invited to attend an information evening at the school.
You can also look at the links below to see the Catholic secondary schools our children have gone on to attend.
- St Cuthbert's High School Admissions
- St Cuthbert's High Newcastle - Admission Policy 2018-19.pdf
- St Cuthbert's High Newcastle - Admission Policy 2019-20.pdf
- Sacred Heart High School
- Sacred Heart Admissions Policy 2019-2020.pdf
- Sacred Heart Admissions Policy 2020-2021.pdf
- Sacred Heart Appeals Timetable.pdf