St Mark's provides a secure, caring, Christian community where everyone can learn their own self-worth in an atmosphere of tolerance, mutual respect and co-operation. We intend the school to be a happy and enjoyable place to work, which will provide the opportunity for every child and adult to fulfil their potential in an attractive, well resourced and stimulating environment. We will encourage children to become confident, independent learners who are able to contribute positively to the school and the community in which they live so they can take their full place in society secure as individuals, whilst able to respect the needs and values of others.
In line with this statement:
- All bullying, of any sort, is therefore unacceptable.
- Pupils who experience bullying will be supported.
- We recognise the effects that bullying can have on pupils’ feelings of worth and on their school work, and the school community will actively promote an anti-bullying environment.
OUR INTENTIONS IN PRODUCING THIS POLICY ARE
- To express our belief that all pupils should be included fully in the life of the school.
- To provide a learning environment free from any threat or fear, which is conducive to the achievement of individual aspirations.
- To reduce and to eradicate, wherever possible, instances in which pupils are made to feel frightened, excluded or unhappy.
- To reduce and to eradicate, wherever possible, instances in which pupils are subject to any form of bullying.
- To respond effectively to all instances of bullying that are reported to us.
- To establish a means of dealing with bullying, and of providing support to pupils who have been bullied.
- To provide support for pupils who are accused of bullying, who may be experiencing problems of their own.
- To ensure that all pupils and staff are aware of the policy and that they fulfil their obligations to it.
- To meet any legal obligations which rest with the school.
Every year we take part in Anti-bullying week, which culminates in a presentation and sharing of the children's work.